Another year of life has passed, and it’s hard to believe I’m now in my “mid-twenties.” Looking back, I’ve done a blog post for the past two years the day after my birthday, so I’d like to keep that tradition going!
This year, I’m setting more goals for self, personally, financially, educationally, professionally, etc. so why not share them? Maybe they’ll inspire you set more/new goals, too !
24 things for 24 year-old me…
1. Read more. Find some good books
2. Blog more. I miss sharing as much as I used to.
3. Serve more. Find a/some service project(s) to get involved in.
4. Travel more. There’s a big world out there.
5. Listen more. I don’t always have to do all the talking.
6. Write more. I believe writing is an important skill to have, and you know what they say, “if you don’t use it, you lose it.”
7. Practice piano more. I used to be halfway-decent but haven’t really practiced in a long, long time.
8. Be more present. There’s plenty of things going on NOW, and I don’t need to always be so worried about the future.
9. Be more proactive. There’s no need to wait til the last minute. “Ain’t nobody got time for that.”
10. Develop more patience. (With myself and others.)
11. Establish more/better routines. There’s a lot of things I do well, but a lot, lot more that I could do better.
12. Seek out more opportunities to teach. That’s where I see my career heading, so I want to find more chances to explore teaching.
13. Seek God. I need some more Jesus-and-me time.
14. Find opportunities to volunteer. There’s no feeling like helping others in need.
15. Get along better with myself. That perfectionist in me can be too tough sometimes.
16. Spend more time with friends/family. Life’s too short be alone all the time.
17. Make more time to be creative. I miss decorating/diy-ing/styling! I haven’t been doing it nearly as much as I used to.
18. Do a better job of using my planner. I’m so much organized/less stressed when I have everything written down.
19. Start/maintain a gratitude journal. Sometimes you need a better perspective.
20. Keep on keepin’ on with grad school. Only a 1.5 years to go!
21. Finish my Google Analytics Certification. I’ve literally started this four times, and have yet to finish.
22. Learn a new skill (preferably technology-related). #AlwaysImproving
23. Pay my car off. I’m beyond ready to be done with these payments.
24. Further develop my personal brand. -Through the blog, social media and in person. I want to make a clear idea of who I am.
So, that’s my 24 for 24. Let’s see what the next 12 months have in store… (I love a good rhyme.)
Thanks for visiting the blog, friends, for reading my ramblings, and for being a part of this journey called life! 💙