November 16, 2018 Uncategorized
Texas Taco Chili
Hey peeps! I thought I’d share my recipe from our Chili Cook-Off at work last month! (I won the consumer award!)
This recipe is very easy, and turned out pretty great!
- 1 Tablespoon Cooking Oil
- 1/2 an Onion (Finely Chopped)
- 1-1.5 lbs. Gound Beef
- Salt & Pepper
- 1.5 cups Dr. Pepper
- 2 small cans Tomato Sauce
- 1 can Chili Beans
- 2 small cans Rotel Diced Tomatoes with Chilis (Drained)
- 1 small Jalepeno (Finely Chopped)
- 3 Tablespoons Taco Seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 Pack Ranch Dressing Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Garlic Salt
Shredded Cheese, Sour Cream, Cilantro, Tortilla Chips, Lime (For Serving)
- Heat pan over medium heat and add oil. Once hot, add diced onions and let cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add ground beef and let brown, breaking into small pieces as it is cooking.
- Generously season with salt and pepper
- In a crock pot, add all other ingredients (Dr. Pepper, Tomato Sauce, Chili Beans, Rotel, Jalepeno, Taco Seasoning, Chili Powder, Ranch Powder, Garlic Salt)
- Let cook on medium for 1-2 hours until heated through and slightly thickened
- Served with shredded cheese, sour cream, cilantro, tortilla chips and sprinkle with fresh lime
This is a simple recipe that’s great for these cooler months of the year. Let me know if you give it a try in the comments below!
Have a great day, friends!
Leave a Reply