Chicken Taco Soup for the “W”
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner! This year’s chicken cook-off at the Maysville Fall Festival was great! I took home third place this year!
Here is my recipe for Chicken Taco Soup…
- 1 Small white onion, very finely chopped
- 1 16 oz. can chili beans
- 1 15 oz. can black beans
- 1 15 oz. can whole kernel corn
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 2 14.5 oz. cans Rotel (medium heat)
- 1-2 1 oz. pack taco seasoning
- 3 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts, quartered
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup chicken stock (depending on desired thickness)
- Shredded Mexican blend cheese (for serving)
- Sour Cream (for serving)
- Crushed tortilla chips (for serving)
- Green Onions, finely chopped (for serving)
1. Add all ingredients except chicken and serving items to a crock pot and mix together.
2. Chop chicken breasts into quarters and nestle into mixture, pressing down slightly to ensure complete coverage.
3. Set slow cooker to low and let cook for 3-4 hours.
4. Remove chicken pieces and shred, then stir chicken back into soup.
5. Add chicken stock until desired thickness is reached.
6. Top with shredded cheese, sour cream, tortilla chips and green onions and serve.
If you give this recipe a try, let me know how it turns out for you! I hope you enjoy it!
Have a great day friends!
Leave a Reply