Hi there, my friends! So, I’ve literally been trying to get this post up for over a month, but better late than never, right?!
We held “Cupcake Wars” where I work for Valentine’s Day, and I wanted to share my set-up and recipe with you!
- 1 Box (16-18oz) Moist Supreme Lemon Cake Mix
- 1 Package (3oz) Lemon Pudding Mix (*Not “Cook-N-Serve”)
- Zest of 2 Lemons
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 Pinch Salt
- Combine all ingredients and beat until smooth
- Bake according to package directions
- Let cool 10-15 Minutes before icing
Cream Cheese Icing Recipe:
- 1/2 Cup Butter (softened)
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese (softened)
- 4 Cups Confectioners Sugar
- 2 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- Beat butter and cream cheese together until combined
- Slowly add in powdered sugar until thoroughly combined
- Mix in vanilla extract
*Garnish with lemon wedges
These cupcakes were soooo good! And while I didn’t win the taste award, I did take home best presentation! 🎊🎉
So, when life gives you lemons, try making lemon cupcakes! Let me know if you give this recipe a try! It’s one of my new favorites!
Have a wonderful day, peeps!