Every year, my mom and I each enter a dish into the Marjac Chicken Cook-Off at the Maysville Fall Festival! So, I thought I’d take time to share this year’s recipes with y’all!
Mama’s Entry: Chicken Fiesta Soup
- 2 Chicken Breasts (Seasoned, Cooked & Shredded)
- 1 Small Onion (Finely Chopped)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (Finely Chopped)
- 1 – 14.5 oz. Can Petite Tomatoes with Juice
- 1 – 8 oz. Can Tomato Sauce
- 1 – 10 oz. Can Rotel (With Juice)
- 1 – 15 oz. Can Black Beans (Drained)
- 1 – 15 oz. Can Kidney Beans (Drained)
- 1 – 15 oz. Whole Kernel Corn (Drained)
- 1 – 1 oz. Package Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 Cup Chicken Stock
- Salt & Pepper
- *Tortilla Chips, Sour Cream, Cheese and Other Toppings of Choice
- Over medium heat, saute onion and red bell pepper. Cook until vegetables are tender.
- Add diced tomatoes, Rotel, tomato sauce, taco seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Stir and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken, chicken stock, beans and corn. Bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Garnish as desired and enjoy!
My Entry: Fiesta de Pollo Dip
- 1 Small Can Red Enchilada Sauce
- 1 Cooked, Skinless Chicken Breast (I used a Rotisserie Chicken)
- 1 Small Can Black Beans
- 1/2 Cup Frozen Yellow Corn
- 2 Tablespoons Taco Seasoning
- 1 1/2 Cups Shredded Mexican Blend Cheese
- 1/3 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 Jalapeño Pepper (Seeded & Finely Chopped)
- 1/3 Cup Cilantro (Chopped)
- Tortilla Chips (For Serving)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Shred chicken breast meat.
- Mix enchilada sauce, black beans, corn, taco seasoning, sour cream, jalapeño, cilantro, shredded chicken breast and 2/3 of the cheese in a large mixing bowl.
- Once well combined, pour into baking dish and top with remaining cheese and more cilantro.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and browned.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
They were very good! Mama was the 1st Runner-Up with her recipe, and my sister Lacey (who entered a chicken casserole dish that I don’t have the recipe for/pictures of) and I didn’t place. It was miserably hot this year, but tradition is tradition!
Hope you give these recipes a try!
Have a Great Day Friends!!!